About Immigrant Visas


Lawful Permanent Resident – commonly known as a “Green Card” it grants an individual immigration benefits such as permission to live and work in the United States.

One way to obtain a Green Card is to be an immediate relative of a U.S. citizen.  To determine if you are an immediate relative, you must fall under one of the following categories:

  • Spouse of a U.S. citizen;
  • Unmarried child under 21 years of age of a U.S. citizen; or,
  • Parent of a U.S. citizen who is at least 21 years old.

Currently in the United States:  

To be eligible to receive a Green Card as an immediate relative, the beneficiary must meet following requirements:

  • Filed the proper application – Form I-485;
  • Were inspected and admitted or inspected and paroled into the United States;
  • Physically present in the United States at the time Form I-485 was filed;
  • Eligible to receive an immigrant visa;
  • Immigrant visa is immediately available at the time your application is filed and at the time a final decision is made on your application;
  • The relationship between you and the person who petitioned on your behalf still exits;
  • None of the bars to adjustment apply to you
  • Admissible to the United States for lawful permanent residence or eligible for a waiver or other form of relief
  • You deserve the favorable exercise of discretion from USCIS

To determine if you are eligible to apply for a Green Card in the United States, it is best to speak to an experienced immigration attorney prior to filing any paperwork

  • DISCLAIMER: Our office does not provide deportation defense to people in Immigration custody.

The Law Office of Michael D. Post Is Here for You

At the Law Office of Michael D. Post, I focus on Immigrant Visas, Non-Immigrant Visas, and Naturalization & Citizenship, and I am here to listen to you and help you navigate the legal system.

Contact Me Today

The Law Office of Michael D. Post is committed to answering your questions about Immigrant Visas, Non-Immigrant Visas, and Naturalization & Citizenship law issues in Arizona.

I'll gladly discuss your case with you at your convenience. Contact me today to schedule an appointment.